Name: Construction Equipment Management For Engineers Estimators And Owners
Size: 5.4 MB
Title: 037X_C000 1..16
Author: Douglas D. Gransberg
Publisher: CRC Press; 2nd edition
Total pages: 569
Construction Equipment Management for Engineers, Estimators, and Construction Managers, Second Edition has been extensively rewritten to not only bring it up to date with the state of current practice, but also to serve as a textbook for university courses in construction engineering and management.
The authors advanced the previous edition’s practical, hands-on approach and added material on the future of construction equipment fleet management, which they believe will require a new technology-based skillset to maximize the cost-effectiveness of construction equipment operations. As such, the book covers the latest construction equipment technologies.
- Examines emergent technologies in the field, including automated machine guidance systems, intelligent compaction operations, and equipment-related civil integrated management tools.
- Provides information on how to reduce an equipment fleet’s environmental impact, decreasing greenhouse gas emissions through enhanced equipment management and optimization practices.
- Discusses estimating equipment ownership, operating costs, economic life and optimal replacement timing.
- Demonstrates how to maximize profit by determining the optimum equipment mix and estimating productivity.
- Illustrates the use of production-based linear scheduling and stochastic simulations to maximize project cost and schedule certainty.
This new edition will serve as an essential textbook for students as well as a valuable reference for a wide range of professionals within the construction, architecture, and engineering industries.