Name: Designing The Mind – The Principles Of Psychitecture
Size: 2.65 MB
Title: Designing the Mind: The Principles of Psychitecture
Author: Designing the Mind & Ryan A Bush
Total pages: 286
The Instant Cult Classic on the Art of Reprogramming Your Own Psychological Software
Neuropsychology tells us that the human mind is infinitely malleable and adaptable. We know it is possible to rewire emotions and build deep tranquility into our minds. We know we can overcome the biased beliefs and self-limiting habits that hold us back from our potential. Yet when we actually seek to modify and master our minds, we are usually met with shallow life hacks and fleeting fixes.
Fortunately, many great ancient philosophers left behind the open-source cognitive code for altering your own mental patterns and becoming your ideal self. Legendary thinkers like the Buddha, Marcus Aurelius, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Abraham Maslow have revealed the insights for building a brilliant mind, and award-winning systems designer, Ryan A Bush, weaves them into a vital theory for helping individuals scale the heights of self-mastery and lead great lives.
"A fascinating framework" – Scott Barry Kaufman, PhD, author of Transcend: The New Science of Self-Actualization
If you struggle with persistent negative thoughts, stress and anxiety, or difficulty setting or achieving your goals, this modern self-mastery manual is essential reading. After reading this book, you will understand:
– How your mental algorithms determine your personal trajectory
– How the Stoics overcame negativity and cultivated unshakeable peace
– How to master the mechanisms behind your habits and behaviors
– The right way to introspect and balance rationality and emotion
– How the Buddha mastered his thoughts and desires
– The difference between decoy goals and defined goals
– The four threats to self-direction: craving, compliance, comfort, and corruption
– How to use your desires to fuel you instead of make you suffer
– How to put an end to negative thoughts and rumination
– How to achieve big goals effortlessly
– And much more…
"It has already changed my life, and I know it will change others as well" – Aaron T. Perkins, Executive Leadership Coach
Though most never learn to change their default programming, it is possible to rewire your cognitive biases, change your ingrained habits, and transform your emotional reactions. The process of psychitecture will enable you to unplug from your own mind, alter its underlying patterns, and become the architect of your own enlightenment.