Name: Frame May June 2021
Size: 89.54 MB
Title: Summer Learning HeadStart, Grade 5 to 6: Fun Activities Plus Math, Reading, and Language Workbooks: Bridge to Success with Common Core Aligned Resources and Workbooks
Author: Lumos Learning
Publisher: Lumos Learning
Total pages: 166
The updated 2021 Summer Learning HeadStart™ workbook for kids moving from Grade 5 to 6 covers Math, Vocabulary, Reading, and Writing to support fun at-home learning during the summer months.
New in this 2021 summer workbook edition: Stimulates creative thinking & nurture’s growth mindset with daily challenge rounds, educational games, and fun summer activities.
This is the simplest yet most effective summer learning workbook that thousands of parents and teachers trust to help students retain and strengthen their Math & ELA skills and bridges the learning gap to provide a strong foundation for success in 6th grade.
Recommended by Teachers, Trusted by Parents
"I really liked this book because it is tied to the standards and it is not overwhelming. My students would not have a difficult time tackling the reading or math problems. I enjoy the added tidbits, like how to become an artist or learning sign language"
– Ms. Stephens
The fun educational summer workbook offers cheerful activities & fun brain teasers to keep your child engaged and provides much-needed socio-emotional support. It also offers standards-aligned daily skills practice to students and is the ideal at-home study solution to prevent the summer brain drain.
This summer bridge learning workbook includes:
- Daily practice of fifth-grade Math and ELA skills. Covers 40+ ELA and 30+ Math standards (lessons with answer keys & explanations)
- Fun and Useful Skill-Building Activities
- Informative articles for students, parents, and educators
Unlike a traditional printed book, these provide online access to hundreds of standards-aligned engaging learning resources.
Includes Access to Online Resources:
- Daily online challenge rounds to motivate & keep your child engaged
- Preview of sixth-grade Math and ELA learning standards
- Grade-appropriate Reading Passages
- Vocabulary Enrichment Activities
- A Summer Diary Tool to keep their writing skills sharp
- Opportunity to participate in the Lumos Summer Short Story Writing Competition
Online resources can be conveniently accessed on a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer.
It also includes an access code for
- Parent Account
- Access to student performance reports
- Ability to assign practice questions & resources
- Ability to download & share reports
- Ability to create resource kits
- Access to Lumos StepUp™ Basic Account
- Support up to 30 students accounts
- Assign practice & monitor progress
- Access to actionable performance reports
The focus of this fun educational Grade 5-6 workbook is to address learning loss that is associated with hybrid & online classroom instruction. It not only helps students review & retain what they learned during the academic year but also study topics that were not taught due to school closures in the pandemic.
With the Lumos Summer Learning HeadStart tedBook™ at your side, your child will be better prepared & confident to start the 2021-22 academic year.
More than 472,000 students and 68,600 teachers in over 31,100 schools use Lumos Learning Study Programs to improve student achievement on standardized tests and also to master necessary Math, ELA, Writing & Reading Skills.
This Lumos Summer Learning HeadStart workbook is also suitable for use in Summer Schools, District Summer Academies, Summer Tutoring, Summer Camps, and Summertime Learning Initiatives.