Name: Smart Photography – March 2021
Size: 83.61 MB
Title: Tikal Smart Guide: The 2018 In-Depth Guide for Visitors to Tikal, Guatemala
Author: Craig Adkins
Total pages: 110
New 2018/2019 updated guide to visiting Tikal, Guatemala containing over 50 new pages of content. See why this comprehensive book is the number one selling travel guide dedicated exclusively to Tikal!
Some of the topics covered include:
– Review of all lodgings inside of the archaeological park.
– How to find and pick a guide.
– History of Tikal.
– Location of restrooms, food, and water inside the park.
– Transportation and getting there.
– How to conserve energy, such as riding the "secret bus" inside the park.
– Other things to do in the area.
– Map of the park.
– Places to eat.
– What to bring.
– The museums.
– Advice for first time travelers.
– The basics of visas, electricity, medicine, mobile phone usage, language, crime, and money.
– How to neutralize weather, insects and other possible nuisances that may interfere with the visit.
– Animal and plant life.
– Planning the trip and things to think about.
– When to visit.
– Other things to do in Guatemala related to Tikal.
– Details and unique insight into the causeways (ancient roads of Tikal), the stunning Great Plaza, the maze-like acropolises, the temples and pyramids, and the various complexes and building groups.
– Numerous insider tips.
– Bonus section on the colonial town of Antigua, Guatemala, covering places to stay, eat, and visit!
This book is written by, and includes first hand recommendations by Craig Adkins, an historian and seasoned traveler who has actually experienced Tikal multiple times. Adkins has traveled to dozens of Maya sites, and is considered one of the leading authorities on visiting the Maya of today, and the ancient Maya civilizations of the past.